Pros and Cons of High Pressure Car Washers
Washing your car manually can be a tiring task, especially if you have a busy professional life. However, keeping it clean is important, too. When it comes to cleaning their car, many people will tell you to use a high pressure car washer. Although, you should first know the pros and cons of using this equipment before you grab one and get to cleaning.
- You can clean the vehicle’s exterior easily. A high-pressure car washer covers more surface area than regular car washers do. Hence, you can get rid of the dirt in no time at all.
- It is common for leaves, small twigs, and mud to be stuck between the crevices. You cannot clean these areas with simple car washing. However, the pressure of water from pressure washers can dislodge these things from the gaps easily.
- It is very difficult to get rid of the smudges, bird poops, and stains with just a brush or sponge. However, with pressure washer you will be able to remove all kinds of stains from your car. By using the right amount of pressure, shining your car is only a matter of seconds.
- Claying, waxing, and polishing removes embedded contaminants and restores the luster of the damaged finish. This is done when you hand-wash your car. None of these steps are present in high pressure car washing.
- A high-pressure car washer requires considerably lesser amount of water (approximately 50 gallons) in comparison to manual car washing (90 gallons).
- Removing grease, resin, oil, etc. requires a large amount of cleaning detergents. With high a high pressure car washer, these marks can be removed without the help of any cleaning agent. This not only saves your money but also conserves your resources.
For optimum performance, first start with a low pressure and then increase it gradually to avoid any damages. Subsequently, we recommend using a high pressure car washer for your vehicle.
Every coin has two sides. So, let’s take a look at the disadvantages of using high pressure car washers.
- There is always a risk of damaging the external body from the high pressure. Not only it can damage the paint, but can also create a dent; and getting car paint and dents fixed can cost a lot of money. This happens especially when you don’t adjust water pressure properly.
- The pressure from these washers is too high. The kickback can be hard to control, and in the wrong hands, it can cause serious injuries. If you don’t know how to handle it properly, you might end up hurting someone.
- A high pressure car washer is costly. In addition to that, you also have to consider the water bill and electricity bill. If it doesn’t run on electricity, then there are gas bills too.
Using a high pressure car washer makes the car washing task easy, but you will need to be extra cautious not to damage your car, else you can walk to a car washing shop to get your car cleaned with no efforts.